*High School graduation is determined by the following criteria: High 178彩票 must be recognized as a secondary 178彩票 in the state where it is located; the transcript must include an official date of graduation.
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR REGISTERED NURSE (RN) TRACK
- Complete pre-requisites (see below).
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR LPN-RN BRIDGE TRACK
- Copy of current valid LPN license
- Pass the LPN Proficiency Exam and LPN Dosage Calculation Exam. Upon achieving the required score on these exams, the LPN is granted 20 transfer credit hours.
NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKING APPLICANTS
Applicants whose native language is not English must document their English language proficiency at the time of application. Applicants may satisfy this requirement by submitting current and official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores, score must be no more than two years old. Lutheran School of Nursing's TOEFL requirement for applicants is:
- 210 on the computer-based test
- 550 on the paper-based test
- 78 on the internet-based TOEFL (iBT)
This requirement is subject to change.
Nonnative speakers who hold degrees or diplomas from postsecondary institutions in English-speaking countries (e.g., the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand) may be exempt from the TOEFL.
Before a student can take a Nursing Course, he or she MUST complete and receive a grade of “C” or better in all the following college-level classes:
- Composition (3 credit hours)
- Mathematics for Nursing/College178彩票网 Algebra or above (must be completed successfully within 5 years prior to acceptance to LSN)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credit hours)
- Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credit hours with a lab) (must be completed successfully within five years prior to acceptance to LSN)
These prerequisite courses can be completed one of three ways:
- Lutheran School of Nursing offers these classes each spring and fall semester on our campus. Applications are accepted for both Spring and Fall enrollment into our RN Track with Pre-Nursing or LPN-RN Bridge Track with Pre-Nursing.
- Transfer from a regionally accredited college or university
- CLEP or AP credit – LSN accepts College178彩票网 Level Examination for Proficiency (CLEP) or Advanced Placement (AP) scores for prerequisite courses (Composition, Mathematics for Nursing, or Introduction to Psychology) if a student achieves the passing score recommended by the American Council on Education.
All admission requirements are subject to change.